How to Become a Member
- Review your eligibility and determine if you are clear to sail at the University of Georgia...
- All part-time, full-time, and graduate students are eligible to join UGA Sailing
- Only undergraduate students may be a part of the Race Team
- No prior experience is required
- Attend the info meeting (August 21, 7pm - MLC Room 350) and open house (August 25, 11am-4pm, LLSC) event hosted at the beginning of each semester (see below for open house details).
- Enter your information to our contact form at the "Join Now" button below.
- Pay the appropriate dues by the Fall or Spring deadline. All dues must be delivered to the UGA Sailing Treasurer in the form of cash, check, or Venmo (@ugasailing). If using venmo, please delineate in the payment description the program for which you are registering (cruising or racing).
- Once you have paid dues: Fill out the UGA Club Sports Competitive Sports Waiver online. Click here for instructions.
- Await an email from the Commodore with instructions on how to set up your profile on our messaging app, Slack.
- Attend practice and get out on the water!
Open House 2019
Saturday, January 26, 2019
11am - 4pm (at the latest)
Lake Lanier Sailing Club
Are you interested in becoming a part of UGA Sailing? We're inviting you to check out both our cruising program and our racing program on January 26th from 11am - 4pm. Enjoy a day of sailing, socializing with current sailors, and learning at our practice facilities to help you decide which program is right for you! We'll see you on the water!
What to bring:
NON-COTTON clothes (ie. spandex workout materials)
shoes that can get wet (old tennis shoes)
What is provided:
a darn good time